Switch things up this Valentine’s Day. Surprise your sweetheart with homemade cannabis Valentine’s cookies and brownies.
Traditional Valentine’s Day goodies are boring. Sugar cookies? Had ’em. Fudge brownies? Baked ’em. Conversation hearts? No thanks. Delicious baked goods made with marijuana from Oasis Cannabis? Yes please!
Here are three must-try recipes plus directions to make cannabutter. You’ll need that to bake each one of these sweet treats.
- 1 ounce cannabis of your choice
- 4 sticks butter
To make marijuana-infused butter like a pro, heat should be applied to the cannabis first to fully activate the THC, a process known as decarboxylation.
- Heat oven to 240 degrees.
- Place your cannabis in a single layer on a baking sheet with sides.
- Bake for 40 minutes, turning the sheet a couple of times to ensure even heating. The cannabis will become dry and crumbly.
- In a medium saucepan bring a quart of water to a boil on the stove. You can vary the amounts, just be sure that the marijuana is always floating about 1 1/2 – 2 inches from the bottom of the pan.
- When the water is boiling place the butter in the pan and allow it to melt completely.
- Once the butter has melted you can add the marijuana and turn down the heat to a very low simmer. Let simmer for 3 hours. The top of the mixture should be glossy and thick.
- While the butter is cooking prepare a heat proof storage bowl. Place a double layer of cheesecloth over the top and secure it with elastic, string or tape.
- Strain the marijuana butter over the bowl. When the saucepan is empty, undo the twine, pick up the cheesecloth from all four sides and squeeze out all of the remaining butter.
- Allow to cool for an hour. Place in the fridge until the butter has risen to the top layer and is solid.
- Run a knife around the edge and lift the butter off. Place upside down on your work surface and scrape off any of the cooking water. Enjoy!
Canna-Chocolate Dipped Strawberries
Ingredients (serves 4):
- 2 tablespoons cannabutter
- 1½ cups chocolate chips
- 12 strawberries with stems
- In a medium, microwave-safe bowl, stir together chocolate chips and butter. Microwave on high for 30 seconds. Remove and stir. Continue microwaving and stirring in 15-second intervals until melted and smooth. Let sit until chocolate reaches room temperature.
- Dip the berries into the melted chocolate. Set on parchment paper and leave alone for at least 30 minutes.
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 3/4 cup cannabutter
- 1 3/4 cups coconut sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs
- 1 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- 3 mint leaves, minced (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a 9×13-inch glass baking pan with cooking spray.
- Place chocolate in a large glass mixing bowl and melt in the microwave or over a saucepan of boiling water.
- Add cannabutter to melted chocolate and mix until combined, then mix in coconut sugar, salt, and vanilla.
- Add eggs one at a time, mixing until fully incorporated.
- Mix in flour, and walnuts and/or mint, if using.
- Pour batter into prepared baking pan and bake for 25-30 minutes. Let cool slightly, then cut into 16 pieces.
Magic Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 1/3 cup flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup cannabutter
- 1 1/3 cup chocolate chips
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- Pre-heat oven to 325 degrees and grease a cookie sheet.
- In a medium sized bowl combine the all-purpose natural flour, baking soda and salt. Whisk the mixture until everything is combined and the set aside.
- In another medium sized bowl mix the cannabutter, granulated sugar and brown sugar until creamy.
- Add the vanilla extract and egg. Continue mixing until the butter/sugar/brown sugar is light in consistency, and then add in the chocolate chips.
- Gently stir in the flower mixture.
- Spoon the mixture on to your cookie sheet.
- Place them in the preheated oven and bake for 18-25 minutes.
- Let them cool for approximately 10-15 minutes before serving.
Don’t have time to bake? Oasis Cannabis sells the finest edibles in Denver. You’re guaranteed to find something your Valentine will LOVE. Visit either Oasis location to purchase great products from providers like Canyon Cultivation, Love’s Oven, Sweet Grass Kitchen and more!
Signup to get our best deals and specials.